Prediabetes; preventing and managing diabetes; the risk factors you can beat
This event aims to provide valuable information and guidance on maintaining a healthy lifestyle and preventing disorders associated with the endocrine system including diabetes.
Wednesday 20th March 2024
18:15 - 20:00
Come to Combe Grove for 6.15pm for 6.30pm start.
The event is taking place at: The Oak Room, Combe Grove, Brassknocker Hill, Bath, Somerset BA2 7HS
Pukka tea and water will be available on arrival together with some nutritious nibbles.
Talk to the experts.
According to Diabetes UK, more than five million people in the UK are living with diabetes, which is an all-time high.
Additionally, 850,000 people could be living with diabetes who are yet to be diagnosed. The signs of diabetes may not be obvious or there may be no signs at all. It's important to understand the risk factors.
Meet the Diabetes Experts and gain insight into the latest advances in preventing prediabetes and diabetes.
- Fundamentals of diabetes and prediabetes.
- Understanding the risk factors.
- Learn how to recognise the signs and symptoms.
The experts will explore preventative approaches and present an understanding of the different types of diabetes, how to manage diabetes and high-risk conditions associated with diabetes.
- Hear from the experts who will share their knowledge along with practical advice and guidance.
- Engage in discussions and Q&As.
- Discover more about how to take preventative measures.
Talk to leading experts.
- Consultant Endocrinologist Dr Beas Bhattacharya from Sulis Hospital leads research and development for disorders associated with endocrinology at The Royal United Hospital Bath.
- Registered Dietitian Rebecca Hiscutt from Combe Grove will discuss how to maintain good metabolic health and its impact on overall well-being including reversing prediabetes.
Join us on Wednesday 20th March at Combe Grove.
6.30 pm - 8 pm with arrival at 6.15 pm
EDUCATIONAL EVENT. BOOKING is essential.
Cost: £5 per person which will go to The Elmhurst Foundation. The event will include informative presentations, interactive discussions and the opportunity to have your questions answered by our experts.
*Limited places. Pre-booking is essential. Call 01761 422288 for more information.
Discreet, personal service at Sulis Hospital with our highly experienced team of the UK's foremost consultants.
*Advance booking is required and places are subject to availability.