Full Sulis Hospital Medical
A health assessment is a personalised medical check-up in which a series of examinations and tests are carried out, overseen by our specialist GP.
A health assessment will include blood tests, urinalysis, a medical history and examination and a personalised written report detailing the findings. A more comprehensive assessment will include additional tests.
Health assessments can help to flag up any medical problems (or potential future problems) in areas such as the prostate, breast and bowel, as well as helping to assess the health of your heart, your lungs and your general well-being.
Sometimes, worrying about potential health problems can be incredibly draining. If you do have a concern about your health, get in touch with us today to book an assessment.
At Sulis Hospital Bath our two priorities with any health assessment are:
- To accurately measure and assess your current health
- To pick up any potential problems as early as possible and to flag up anything that may require further investigation.
At Sulis Hospital Bath, your health assessment will be overseen by our specialist GP, assisted by one of our healthcare assistants. You will be well looked after every step of the way.
We offer a comprehensive health check which includes:
- A broad range of blood tests: including checks for anaemia, diabetes, cholesterol, kidney, liver and thyroid function
- Urinalysis: urine test
- Faecal occult blood test: this checks for hidden blood in your stools
- FRAX fracture risk assessment tool
- Medical history
- Examination of the breast and pelvis (if requested)
- A full round-up of the findings along with further recommendations
- Liver Function Tests (LFT) and GGT: to determine the health of your liver
- Thyroid Function Tests (TFT): to determine whether your thyroid is over-or under-active
- CRP and Viscosity test: to check for any signs of inflammation
- Height, weight and BMI
- Resting ECG: helps assess heart rhythm and can indicate any previous cardiac events
- Blood pressure and pulse check: this is helpful for assessing cardiovascular health
- CV risk factors: helps to determine cardiovascular risk factors
- Depression screening: a confidential questionnaire helps to assess your risk of experiencing depression.
- Report sent to your GP.
Optional tests are:
- Smear test for females, prostate test for males
*It should be noted that not all of these tests will necessarily be carried out for every patient, and you may have additional tests that aren’t listed here. These will all be thoroughly explained to you beforehand by the doctor so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they are being done.
As part of your health assessment, the doctor will talk with you about your previous medical history and discuss any particular concerns or worries you may have about your health.
Following your tests, examination and discussion, your doctor will be able to give you a round-up of their findings along with any recommendations they have for you. You will receive a written report detailing these findings, test results and recommendations. A copy of the report will be sent to your GP for their reference.
Combining a calming hospital environment with outstanding patient care so you can recover as quickly as possible.
Covered by health insurance? Partially
Can I pay privately? Yes
You’re in safe hands at Sulis HospitalEnquire now
Talk to the experts
Fast track your treatment
Simply enter your details below and we will be in touch. We are here to answer any questions you might have and can provide a guide price for surgery.