Mr Marc Bullock
Consultant General & Colorectal Surgeon
Marc Bullock is a Consultant Colorectal & General Surgeon at Sulis Hospital Bath.
Mr Bullock gained his medical degree from the University of Oxford where he was awarded a Domus Scholarship, and numerous undergraduate prizes.
At University Hospital Southampton, he combined training in colorectal and general surgery with research in molecular oncology and is widely published on the clinical applications in colorectal cancer of novel molecules called microRNAs. For his work, he was awarded an NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship and Clinical Lectureship, an MRC Clinical Research Fellowship, a CRUK post-doctoral research bursary and numerous conference prizes.
Following the award of his PhD, Marc Bullock pursued post-doctoral research in at the world’s premier cancer institute (the MD Anderson Cancer Centre in Houston) as the Fulbright/Royal College of Surgeons Fellow. On his return to the UK, he completed a Clinical Fellowship in Robotic and Exenteration Surgery at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust where he achieved accreditation in robotic surgery and trained alongside world-renowned gynae-oncologists, urologists and colorectal surgeons.
Mr Bullock’s combined passions are in medical education and humanitarian surgery, having worked for MSF in DR-Congo as well as establishing an essential surgical skills course in collaboration with the charity Mercy Ships and the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland. More recently, Mr Bullock has developed technical skills courses for surgeons who wish to introduce Robotic surgery into their clinical practice.
Crohn's disease treatment
Ileo-anal pouch formation (restorative proctocolectomy)
Pelvic floor disorder treatment
Pilonidal sinus treatment
Ulcerative colitis treatment
Transanal haemorrhoidal dearterialisation (THD/HALO)
Fast track your treatment with Mr Marc Bullock
We are here to answer any questions you might have and can provide a guide price. Simply fill in your details below.
Additional information about Mr Marc BullockColorectal surgery, Pilonidal sinus surgery, Rectal prolapse, Colonoscopy, Haemorrhoid management, Fissure, Flexible sigmoidoscopy, Fistula disease
Colorectal Cancer; Endoscopy; Robotic and minimally invasive surgery; hernia surgery.
Research interests: Colorectal cancer; Robotic and minimally invasive surgery.
BMA; ASCGBI; Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon Royal United Hospital Bath
• 2018 Certificate of Completion of Training in General Surgery
• 2017 CRUK Bursary for Clinical Lecturers
• 2016 International Journal of Molecular Sciences ‘Best Review Paper Prize 2016’
• 2015 National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Lectureship
• 2015 Wessex Medical Research Innovation award
• 2015 Patey Prize shortlist
• 2014 Sir James Fraser Award
• 2014 MRC supplementary training award
• 2014 Fulbright-Royal College of Surgeons of England Research Scholarship
• 2014 Academy of Medical Sciences Spring Meeting – Poster Presentation Prize
• 2013 Nomination for the BACR/Gordon Hamilton-Fairley Young Investigator Award
• 2013 University of Southampton CSU conference – Prize for Best Oral Presentation
• 2013 Sir James Fraser Award
• 2012 Ronald Raven Prize at the British Association of Surgical Oncology
• 2012 Biology of the Cell – Most Cited/Downloaded manuscript of 2012
• 2012 Medical Research Council (MRC) Clinical Research Training Fellowship
• 2012 Biology of the Cell Paper of the month award (May)
• 2009 RMC Research Award
• 2008 National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Academic Clinical Fellowship