Problems with your stomach, bowels or liver? At Sulis Hospital Bath, our gastroenterology team have been nationally recognised for providing the exceptional service.
If you require help for a digestive or liver condition, you’ll want to ensure the best treatment possible and a quick, full recovery.
With world-class, state-of-the-art facilities and national accreditation for our work, it’s no wonder that so many consultant surgeons choose to see and treat their patients here at Sulis Hospital Bath.
During your time with us, you’ll benefit from an unsurpassed level of dedicated care tailored just for you, in luxurious and award-winning surroundings
Our dedicated team brings together leading specialists to ensure whatever medical challenge you have, we can help treat it.
Book your private appointment directly with us, with no waiting list.
We’re experts in digestive and liver conditions and have a team of dedicated professionals ready to help you.
Gastroenterology focuses on conditions of the digestive system and liver. It covers screening for conditions such as bowel cancer, diagnosis and management of them and any associated diseases.
If you’re experiencing problems in any of those areas, why not book to see us today?
For example, you may be finding that:
- You’re experiencing frequent heartburn
- You’re having regular episodes of diarrhoea or rectal bleeding
- You’re suffering from abdominal cramps or bloating more often than you’d like
For your peace of mind, we regularly see people who require:
- Treatment for irritable bowel syndrome
- Examination of the throat, stomach and upper intestine (this is called gastroscopy)
- Examination of the large bowel (this is called colonoscopy)
- Treatment for liver disease
At Sulis Hospital Bath, our priorities are always to:
- diagnose and treat your problem fast, so that any pain is quickly stopped
- help you recover, so that you can get back to enjoying life as soon as possible.
Your consultations and treatment will be carried out by the specialist gastroenterology team here at Sulis Hospital Bath. All our staff are experts in problems of the digestive system and liver and are dedicated to getting you treated and recovered quickly.
When you book an appointment at Sulis Hospital Bath, you’ll be seen in our dedicated and nationally-accredited endoscopy unit by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in digestive and liver conditions.
They’ll have a detailed chat with you about your symptoms, your concerns and your previous medical history to get a thorough understanding of things.
Depending on the symptoms you’re experiencing, they may want to carry out a physical examination of you and then run some specialised tests to help them to assess things more accurately (they’ll always explain any examination or test they need to do, so you’ll know what’s being done and why it’s being done).
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we have a wide range of state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to ensure you’ll always receive a fast and accurate diagnosis.
Some of the tests that your consultant may want you to have include:
- a blood test: to check if there are any signs of inflammation or infection that may be causing your symptoms
- an ultrasound scan of your liver: this can help to check size and shape as well as to detect abnormalities
- A CT scan: this uses X-rays to produce cross-sectional images that help the doctor visualise things incredibly clearly
- A barium swallow: this can highlight abnormalities in the upper gastrointestinal tract (your throat, stomach and upper bowel)
Not all of these additional tests will necessarily be required, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed above. Again, these will all be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done.
You’ll be pleased to know that we believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis. After all, why should you have to wait for a fortnight (or longer) for your results to come back? A longer wait for results means additional worry, discomfort and uncertainty that you just don’t need.
Depending on the results of any tests carried out, the consultant may decide that treatment can be provided by nutrition, medication, ointments or suppositories.
If it’s determined that surgery will be required, the consultant will talk you through the process thoroughly and answer any questions you may have.
We have a team of incredibly experienced consultants and specialist nurses to help you get the treatment you need.
If you do require treatment for a digestive or liver problem, we believe you’ll find no better place to come for expert help than Sulis Hospital Bath.
Whether you need surgery, screening for bowel cancer or treatment for liver disease or Crohn’s disease, with our state-of-the-art equipment, luxurious facilities and a medical team that includes some of the top specialists in the country you can be assured that you’ll be in expert and experienced hands when you’re with us.
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we like to do things differently. Unlike many other hospitals, you’ll benefit from:
- receiving your treatment within two weeks of initial diagnosis: with no waiting lists, we can get your problem treated fast and help you get back to better health quickly.
- treatment by a specialist consultant surgeon: with decades of shared experience treating digestive and liver disorders, our consultants include internationally-renowned surgeons.
- our multidisciplinary team: we have built an incredibly strong and diverse team of like-minded medical experts who all work together every day to achieve the best possible result for everyone they treat for the problems. Being able to draw upon such a vast amount of shared experience means that you will always receive the absolute best advice and treatment possible.
- having consultations and treatment in our nationally-recognised unit: Sulis Hospital Bath Hospital has been awarded Joint Advisory Group (JAG) Accreditation for its Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (the JAG Accreditation Scheme recognises examples of exemplary standards in the sector).
Bowel cancer screening
Crohn's disease treatment
Irritable bowel syndrome treatment
Liver disease treatment
Ulcerative colitis treatment
Upper GI endoscopy
Fast track your treatment
Just enter your details below and we'll ring you to provide a quote or answer your questions. We will use your personal information to process your enquiry and contact you with relevant information.