Expert and discreet treatment for women's health concerns.
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we understand that gynaecological and other female health problems can be a source of great concern and worry.
With world-class, state-of-the-art facilities and equipment it’s no wonder that internationally-recognised experts in women’s health choose to see and treat their patients at Sulis Hospital Bath.
When you visit with us, you’ll benefit from an unsurpassed level of dedicated care tailored just for you, in luxurious award-winning surroundings.
Our dedicated Women’s Health Unit brings together leading specialist consultants in women’s health to ensure that whatever help you need, we can provide it.
We have the very latest diagnostic and imaging technology to help us treat you quickly and effectively so that you won’t have to wait for treatment.
We’re experts in women’s health and have an experienced team of dedicated professionals to help you.
Where female health is involved, there are many things that could be causing you understandable concern.
Whether you’re experiencing problems with your bladder or are concerned about a lump on your breast, in the Women’s Health Unit we can help with any medical issues that are related to the reproductive systems and the breasts.
For your peace of mind, at Sulis Hospital Bath we regularly see and treat people who require:
- Prolapse repair
- Endometrial ablation
- Fertility treatment
- Help with managing the symptoms of the menopause
At Sulis Hospital Bath, our two priorities with any medical intervention will be to:
- diagnose and treat you fast, so that you don’t have to worry about things anymore
- help you recover quickly so that you can carry on enjoying life as soon as possible.
Your consultations and treatment will be carried out in our dedicated Women’s Health Unit at Sulis Hospital Bath. Having this specialist unit means that all our staff are experts in women’s health. They understand the reality of the emotional strain that can occur with female health issues and are all focused on getting you treated and then recovered back to full health quickly and safely.
When you book an appointment at Sulis Hospital Bath, you’ll be seen by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in female health. All of them are internationally-recognised leaders in their field and they often have people travelling from overseas to consult with them.
They’ll have a very detailed chat with you about your symptoms, your concerns and your previous medical history to get a thorough understanding of things.
Depending on the medical problem you’re seeing them for, they may need to carry out a physical examination to help them to understand exactly what the issue is (don’t worry, they’ll explain any examination they need to do. You’ll always know what’s being done and why it’s being done).
If they’d like any further tests to help with the diagnosis, they’ll arrange to have them carried out for you on the same day (we don’t want you to have the hassle of needing to come back on a different day for these tests).
Some of the additional tests that your consultant may want you to have include:
- an ultrasound scan
- an MRI scan
- a blood test: to check if there are any signs of inflammation or infection that may be causing your symptoms
Not all of these additional tests will necessarily be required, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed above. Again, these will all be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done.
You’ll be pleased to know that we believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis on the same day as your consultation. After all, why should you have to wait for a fortnight (or longer) for your results to come back? A longer wait for results means additional worry, discomfort and uncertainty that you just don’t need.
We know how worrying it can sometimes be to have to wait for test results, so we will always get your results to you fast.
It should be noted that sometimes after this initial meeting the consultant may decide that surgery isn’t needed and that treatment can be provided by some other means (for example medication or physiotherapy).
If it’s determined that surgery is required the consultant will talk you through the process thoroughly and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
If you do require treatment for female health problems, we believe you’ll find no better place to come for expert help than Sulis Hospital Bath.
With our state-of-the-art equipment, a dedicated Women’s Health Unit and a medical team that includes some of the top female health consultants in the country, you can be assured that you’ll be in expert and experienced hands.
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we like to do things differently. That’s why, unlike many other hospitals, you’ll benefit from:
- receiving your treatment within two weeks of initial diagnosis: with no waiting lists, we can get you treated and back to good health quickly.
- being treated in our specialist Women’s Health Unit: where every member of our team is dedicated to ensuring that you’re treated quickly, professionally and confidentially.
- your dignity protected, at all times: we know that sometimes having to see a doctor about an intimate problem may make you feel anxious and perhaps slightly embarrassed. But please don’t worry, at Sulis Hospital Bath, you will always be treated with respect (for example, you’ll never be asked to wait for your appointment in a busy hospital corridor, while wearing an ill-fitting gown that’s completely open at the back).
- our multidisciplinary team: we have built an incredibly strong and diverse team of like-minded medical experts who all work together every day to achieve the best possible result for everyone they treat. Being able to draw upon such a vast amount of shared experience is of immense benefit to our team.
We know that you’d prefer not to have any gynaecological problems that need treatment. But if you do require medical help why not receive it from the very best medical consultants in female health, in the very finest hospital and with the very best possible care?
You'll have a pre-operative assessment with our specialist nursing team before your surgery.
Many patients find pre-surgery physiotherapy helpful to make sure they know how to use their pelvic floor muscles to optimise the results from their surgery. A strong pelvic floor can help you recover faster.
There's more information in the video here.
Fast track your treatment
We are here to answer any questions you might have and can provide a guide price. Simply fill in your details below.