Struggling with shortness of breath? Worried about asthma? At Sulis Hospital Bath, we have some of the top lung consultants in the country ready to help you.
If you’re concerned about a problem with your breathing, you’ll want to be sure you get the best treatment possible and a quick, full recovery.
With world-class, state-of-the-art facilities it’s no wonder that so many internationally-recognised chest consultants choose to see and treat their patients here at Sulis Hospital Bath.
During your time with us, you’ll benefit from an unsurpassed level of dedicated care tailored just for you, in luxurious and award-winning surroundings
Our dedicated respiratory team brings together leading specialists to ensure whatever the problem is, we’ll be able to help.
We’re experts in lung health and have a team of dedicated professionals ready to help you.
Book your private appointment directly with us and you’ll be seen refreshingly quickly.
Respiratory medicine deals with conditions of the chest, which include things such as asthma, tuberculosis, cystic fibrosis, pneumonia and lung cancer.
The symptoms below can all be signs of problems in your chest or lungs, so if you’re experiencing any of these you’ll probably want to arrange to see a doctor and have things checked out for your peace of mind. Common symptoms of a problem in the chest include:
- Mild to severe shortness of breath
- A prolonged or chronic cough
- A tightness or pain in your chest
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we regularly see and help people just like you who may be needing:
- Treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Management of asthma
- Treatment for lung cancer
- Tuberculosis treatment
Your consultations and treatment will be carried out by the specialist respiratory team here at Sulis Hospital Bath. All our staff are experts in problems and diseases of the chest and are dedicated to getting you treated and fully recovered quickly and safely.
Here at Sulis Hospital Bath, we’ll make sure that you always receive the best treatment possible for any chest problems. Get in touch today to see how we can help.
We know that having a chest problem can often be very worrying. That’s why here at Sulis Hospital Bath we will:
- diagnose and treat your chest problem fast: so you don’t have to feel anxious any longer
- help you to quickly recover: so that you can get back to enjoying life
When you book an appointment with us, you’ll be seen by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in problems of the respiratory system. All of them have many years of experience treating people with symptoms just like yours.
They’ll have a chat with you about your symptoms and your previous medical history to get a thorough understanding of things, and will talk through any concerns or worries you may have.
They’ll probably want to carry out an examination and may use a stethoscope to listen to your chest as you breathe in and out.
Depending on your symptoms, they may like to carry out some additional tests to help them assess things more accurately.
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we have a wide range of state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to ensure you’ll receive a fast and accurate diagnosis.
Some of the additional tests that may be carried out are:
- a skin test for allergies: occasionally skin allergies can cause breathlessness
- a chest X-ray
- a CT scan: this uses X-rays to produce a detailed image of your chest.
- an electrocardiogram (ECG): this uses sensors attached to your skin to check your heart’s rhythm and electrical activity
These additional tests won’t necessarily be required, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed above (any tests will be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done).
We believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis. After all, why should you have to wait for a fortnight for your results to come back? (A longer wait for results means additional worry for you, which is something that you just don’t need)
After your appointment, the consultant may decide that treatment can be provided by medication (for example an inhaler) or some other fairly straightforward means.
If it’s determined that further investigation or surgery will be required, the consultant will talk you through the process thoroughly and answer any questions you may have.
Why not get in touch with us today to book your consultation?
If you do require treatment for a problem in your chest, we believe you’ll find no better place to come for expert help than Sulis Hospital Bath.
Whether you need help with managing your asthma or obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA), or if you have lung cancer that needs treating, with our state-of-the-art equipment and a medical team that includes some of the top respiratory specialists in the country, you can be assured that you’ll be in expert and experienced hands the entire time you’re with us.
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we like to do things differently. You’ll benefit from:
- receiving your treatment within two weeks of initial diagnosis: with no waiting lists, we can get your chest problem treated fast and help you get back to better health quickly.
- treatment by a specialist consultant surgeon: with decades of shared experience treating people with symptoms just like yours, our consultants include internationally-renowned lung and chest experts.
- our multidisciplinary team: we have built an incredibly strong and diverse team of like-minded medical experts who all work together every single day to achieve the best possible result for everyone they treat for problems in the chest. This means that you will always receive the absolute best advice and treatment possible.
- our vast experience: our team have been treating respiratory problems for many years. You’re in good hands when you’re treated by them.
We know that you’d prefer for your respiratory system to be healthy and working perfectly, but we know that sometimes things can go wrong with it. If you do have a problem that requires treatment why not have it carried out by the very best chest specialists, in the very finest hospital and with the very best possible care?
Fast track your treatment
We are here to answer any questions you might have and can provide a guide price for surgery. Simply enter your details below and we will be in touch. Please note, we will use your personal information to process your enquiry and provide relevant information.