Sports rehabilitation is specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and rehabilitation back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports-specific fitness.
We offer a highly specialised service to individuals at all levels of recreational and professional sport, regularly treating athletes of all abilities and ages.
Specialist physiotherapists utilise the principles of sport and exercise sciences, incorporating physiological and pathological processes to prepare the individual for training, competition and day-to-day activities.
The journey from injury to return to normal activities is facilitated by professionals with the knowledge, skills and expertise to enable patients to achieve optimum recovery levels.
Sports physiotherapists and therapists have the knowledge, skills and ability to provide the following:
- Immediate care for injuries in a recreational, training or competitive environment.
- Assess, treat and, where appropriate, refer to a consultant specialist for advice and surgical intervention.
- Utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention.
- Provide appropriate sport and remedial massage in a sport and exercise context.
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes.
Our team of experts treat a variety of symptoms using the following techniques:
- Muscle stretching including muscle energy techniques.
- Muscle strengthening
- Core stability training
- Proprioception training
- Sports massage.
Combining a calming hospital environment with outstanding patient care so you can recover as quickly as possible.
Covered by health insurance? Yes
Can I pay privately? Yes
You’re in safe hands at Sulis Hospital
Fast track your treatment
Simply enter your details below and we will be in touch. We are here to answer any questions you might have and can provide a guide price for surgery.