Increase mobility and reduce pain sooner than you expect with fast access to experts.
Did you know that you can self-refer for private physiotherapy?
When you need physiotherapy, you'll want to make sure you receive the most effective treatment and advice. With access to our advanced diagnostic centre and the latest technology, we ensure accurate assessment and diagnosis of your condition.
Physiotherapy can help you regain movement, reduce pain and increase mobility. Specialists can help with pain relief, healing and rehabilitation for conditions such as back and neck pain, joint, ligament, muscle and tendon problems, sports injuries, posture issues and lower limb conditions in addition to post-surgery rehabilitation.
Sulis Hospital Bath Physiotherapy provides an exceptional level of dedicated care specifically tailored to your needs in a modern hospital environment.
Our multi-disciplinary team of physiotherapy experts can help with a wide range of conditions. A consultation can quickly be arranged for you with a member of our highly experienced physiotherapy team. All of our physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Contact us today to book your appointment.
Physiotherapists are experts in helping people just like you overcome a range of movement disorders. These problems may have been present from birth, acquired through accident or injury, or are the result of ageing or life-changing events.
A few symptoms and problems our physiotherapy team commonly see and treat include:
- Arthritis and rheumatism.
- Back and neck pain.
- Chronic pain.
- Continence services.
- Joint problems.
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries.
- Osteoarthritic pain.
- Rehabilitation following surgery.
- Respiratory conditions.
- Sports injuries.
- Sprains or strains of muscles and ligaments.
- Tennis or golfer’s elbow.
- Work-related disorders.
Our physiotherapy team at Sulis Hospital is here to provide an exceptional service to anyone who requires help, regardless of their age or physical condition.
When you come to us for physiotherapy, we’ll aim to assess and diagnose your condition and develop a personal treatment plan to help relieve any symptoms and treat the underlying problem.
At Sulis Hospital Bath we have a team of highly experienced chartered physiotherapists who are here to talk with you, advise you about the different treatment options and help restore the quality of your life.
At your first appointment, one of our physiotherapists will have a detailed chat with you about the symptoms you’re experiencing and any concerns you may have. They’ll also talk with you about your previous medical history in order to get a thorough understanding of things.
The physiotherapist may want to carry out a physical examination to help assess the problem fully. Depending on the area of your body to be examined, you may need to undress so please wear appropriate clothing.
Occasionally the physiotherapist may want further tests to be carried out to aid diagnosis such as X-rays, CT scans or MRI scans. Referral for any other tests can easily be arranged with our other departments on site.
Upon completion of the examination, the physiotherapist will discuss their findings with you and talk through their recommendations for a treatment plan. Treatments we may suggest include:
- Individual exercise programmes and muscle re-education: to help improve your mobility and strengthen your muscles with improved coordination and control.
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation: to help reduce pain and stiffness.
- Acupuncture: this can be used to treat a number of musculoskeletal conditions such as tension headaches and low back pain. It works by stimulating the body to produce natural pain-relieving chemicals.
- Assistance with the use of walking aids, splints and braces if recommended after injury or surgery.
- Shockwave therapy (ESWT): this uses shockwaves to treat chronic and painful musculoskeletal conditions such as tennis elbow and plantar fasciitis.
- Postural re-education.
- Soft tissue mobilisation and sports massage.
Please ask a member of staff if you would like a chaperone at any of your physiotherapy appointments and one of our trained chaperones will be happy to assist you.
If you do require physiotherapy, we believe that you’ll find no better place to come than Sulis Hospital Bath.
With our modern facilities and an expert physiotherapy team, you can be assured you’ll be in safe hands.
At Sulis Hospital Bath we like to do things differently. That’s why when you choose to have your treatment with us you’ll benefit from:
- Rapid access to treatment: with no waiting lists and flexible appointments we can help you on the road to recovery as quickly as possible.
- Enjoying our modern facilities: where every member of staff is helpful and ready to assist with anything you might require.
- Being seen by a highly-experienced team: we have built a strong and diverse team of clinical experts who all work together to achieve the best possible outcomes from physiotherapy. Being able to draw upon such a vast amount of shared experience means we’ll ensure that you receive the best treatment, help and support possible.
All of our clinicians are fully qualified and registered with the appropriate governing body. They’re also involved in regular training to ensure you’ll always receive the very best standard of treatment possible.
If you need physiotherapy treatment, why not have it carried out by the very best clinicians, in the very finest physiotherapy clinic and with the very best possible care?
If you do not have private medical insurance you can pay privately for your treatment.
We work with all major medical insurance providers. You will need to check your cover with your insurance company, however, most schemes now include physiotherapy as part of their outpatient allowance.
For further information and prices please contact us.
Biomechanical Gait Analysis
Physiotherapy for muscular aches and pains
Physiotherapy for tension-related headaches
Physiotherapy for whiplash
Physiotherapy for groin strains
Physiotherapy for back pain and sciatica
Women’s health physiotherapy
Work-related upper limb disorders and repetitive strain injuries
Fast track your treatment
Simply enter your details below and we will be in touch. We are here to answer any questions you might have and can provide a guide price for surgery.