Is the lower part of your digestive system giving you problems? Why not have treatment from one of the best consultants in the country?
If you’re concerned about a problem in your lower abdomen or pelvis, you’ll want to ensure the best treatment possible and a quick, full recovery.
With world-class, state-of-the-art facilities it’s no wonder that so many internationally-recognised consultants choose to see and treat their patients here at Sulis Hospital Bath.
During your time with us, you’ll benefit from an unsurpassed level of dedicated care tailored just for you, in luxurious and award-winning surroundings
Our dedicated colorectal team brings together leading specialists to ensure whatever the problem is, we’ll be able to help.
Book your private appointment directly with us and you’ll be seen refreshingly quickly.
We’re experts in bowel health and have a team of dedicated professionals ready to help you.
Colorectal surgery involves treating damage to the lower digestive tract (this is the term used to describe your colon, rectum, anus and pelvic floor). A doctor who specialises in this is called a colorectal surgeon.
The symptoms below can all be signs of problems with your lower digestive tract, so if you’re experiencing any of these you’ll want to arrange to see a doctor to have things checked out for your peace of mind:
- Recurring diarrhoea (which may contain blood, mucus or pus)
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Needing to empty your bowels frequently
- Prolonged itchiness around the anus
- A dramatic loss in weight
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we regularly see and treat people just like you who may require:
- Treatment for rectal bleeding
- Ulcerative colitis treatment
- Haemorrhoids removal
- Treatment for Crohn’s disease
Your consultations and treatment will be carried out by the specialist colorectal team here at Sulis Hospital Bath. All our staff are experts in problems and diseases of the digestive tract and are dedicated to getting you treated and fully recovered quickly and safely.
Here at Sulis Hospital Bath, we’ll make sure that you receive the best treatment possible for any problems in your digestive tract
If you think you might have a problem with your lower digestive tract, we know that it can be a cause of worry for you. That’s why here at Sulis Hospital Bath we will:
- diagnose and treat your problem fast: so you don’t have to worry any longer
- help you to fully recover: so that you can get back to enjoying life as soon as possible.
When you book an appointment with us, you’ll be seen by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in problems of the colon, rectum, anus and pelvic floor. All of them are recognised leaders in their field and have many years of experience treating people with symptoms just like yours.
They’ll have a chat with you about your symptoms and your previous medical history to get a thorough understanding of things, and will talk through any concerns or worries you may have.
They’ll probably want to carry out an examination and, depending on your symptoms, might like to carry out some additional tests to help them assess things more accurately.
Some of the additional tests that may be carried out are:
- A blood test: to check if there are any signs of inflammation or infection that may be causing your symptoms
- A CT or MRI scan
- A urine or stool sample: these can help test for bacteria or viruses
These additional tests won’t necessarily be required, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed above (any tests will be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done).
You’ll be pleased to know that we believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis. After all, why should you have to wait for a fortnight (or longer) for your results to come back? A longer wait for results means additional worry, discomfort and uncertainty that you just don’t need.
After this initial meeting, the consultant may decide that treatment can be provided by medication, dietary changes or some other fairly straightforward means.
If it’s determined that further investigation or surgery will be required, the consultant will talk you through the process thoroughly and answer any questions you may have.
If you do require treatment for a problem in your lower digestive tract, we believe you’ll find no better place to come for expert help than Sulis Hospital Bath.
Whether you need a colonoscopy, treatment for a pelvic floor disorder or removal of haemorrhoids, with our state-of-the-art equipment, luxurious facilities and a medical team that includes some of the top heart specialists in the country, you can be assured that you’ll be in expert and experienced hands the entire time you’re with us.
At Sulis Hospital Bath we like to do things differently. Unlike many other hospitals, you’ll benefit from:
- receiving your treatment within two weeks of initial diagnosis: with no waiting lists, we can get your problem treated fast and help you get back to better health quickly.
- treatment by a specialist consultant surgeon: with decades of shared experience treating problems just like yours in the lower digestive tract, our consultants include internationally-renowned and awarded surgeons.
- our multidisciplinary team: we have built an incredibly strong and diverse team of like-minded medical experts who all work together every single day to achieve the best possible result for everyone they treat for these issues. This means that you will always receive the absolute best advice and treatment possible.
- our vast experience: our team have been treating problems in the colon, rectum, anus and pelvic floor for many years. You’re in good hands when you’re treated by them.
We know that you’d prefer that your digestive tract was fully healthy, with no problems with it at all. But if you do have a problem that requires treatment why not have it carried out by the very best specialists, in the very finest hospital and with the very best possible care?
Transanal haemorrhoidal dearterialisation (THD/HALO)
Crohn's disease treatment
Pelvic floor disorder treatment
Ulcerative colitis treatment
Fast track your treatment
Simply enter your details below and we will be in touch. We are here to answer any questions you might have and can provide a guide price for surgery.