Don’t let your skin problem get you down. Talk to an expert today.
We’re experts in skin conditions and have a team of dedicated dermatologists ready to help you. Our experts will provide you with a better understanding of your condition, how to manage it and improve your quality of life.
If you’re currently experiencing a problem with your skin (like acne, eczema or even skin cancer), you’ll want to get the best treatment possible, fast.
Our dedicated dermatology team brings together leading specialist consultants to ensure whatever skin problem you have we can help.
We have invested in advanced diagnostic technologies and provide a specialist dermatology service to ensure you experience the highest standards of safety and care.
Move forward faster
If a skin issue is causing you discomfort or pain, you will want to be seen by a consultant as quickly as possible.
By choosing Sulis Hospital for your private healthcare, you can benefit from timely access to consultant appointments and diagnosis.
Safe hospital environment
Our team takes infection control very seriously. The Dermatology Unit upholds the highest standard of cleanliness, including a rigorous cleaning regime and attention to detail to prevent surgical infections. All equipment is thoroughly sanitised, and we perform regular screenings to protect you from COVID-19 and other infections during your time with us.
Rated outstanding for care by the CQC Care Quality Commission
Sulis Hospital is a leading private healthcare facility offering outstanding care to patients from Bath and beyond.
Patients travel from all over the UK to access our renowned consultants, the latest technologies and personalised treatment plans.
During your time with us, you’ll benefit from an unsurpassed level of dedicated care tailored just for you, in our award-winning hospital.
Book your private appointment directly with us and you’ll be seen refreshingly quickly.
Dermatology involves the diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions as well as diseases of the nails, scalp and hair. A doctor who specialises in this area is called a dermatologist.
You might see a dermatologist for medical reasons or if you’d like surgery to remove unwanted marks or moles. You may choose to see our consultant plastic surgeon who specialises in skin cancer and runs a mole mapping service.
Skin conditions can be caused by irritants, allergens, diseases such as cancer, stress, autoimmunity or genetic factors. Common symptoms of skin problems include:
- Spots on the skin
- Skin that’s itchy, red, flaky and dry
- A mole that’s grown bigger
- Hard, dry, scaly spots of skin
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we see and help people just like you who may need:
- Treatment for acne
- Removal of a skin lesion
- Skin cancer treatment
- Treatment for psoriasis
Your consultations and treatment will be carried out by the specialist dermatology team here at Sulis Hospital Bath. All our staff are experts in problems and diseases of the skin and are dedicated to getting you treated and fully recovered quickly and safely.
Here at Sulis Hospital Bath, we’ll make sure that you always receive the best treatment possible for any skin problem. Get in touch today to see how we can help.
We know that having a skin problem can sometimes make you feel self-conscious. That’s why here at Sulis Hospital Bath we will:
- diagnose and treat your skin condition fast: so you don’t have to feel anxious any longer.
- help you to quickly recover: so that you can get back to enjoying life.
When you book an appointment with us, you’ll be seen by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in skin conditions. They have many years of experience treating people with symptoms just like yours.
They’ll have a chat with you about your symptoms and your previous medical history to get a thorough understanding of things and will talk through any concerns.
They’ll want to have a good look at the affected area of your skin and will carry out a detailed examination. Depending on your symptoms, they may like to carry out some additional tests to help them assess things more accurately.
Some of the additional tests that may be carried out are:
- Allergy testing.
- Mole Mapping: this is a screening service for those concerned about skin cancer.
- Biopsy: a sample of the affected area is removed and sent for testing. This is particularly useful if any type of skin cancer is being queried.
These additional tests won’t necessarily be required, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed above (any tests will be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done).
We believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis. A longer wait for results means additional worry for you, which is something that you just don’t need.
After your appointment, the consultant may decide that treatment can be provided by medication (for example, a cream or ointment to apply to the affected area).
If it’s determined that further investigation or surgery will be required, the consultant will talk you through the process thoroughly and answer any questions you may have.
If you’re concerned about a skin condition, why not get in touch with us today to book your consultation?
If you do require treatment for a skin condition, you’ll find no better place to come for expert help than Sulis Hospital Bath.
Whether you need help with managing your acne or psoriasis or you have a skin lesion that needs removing, with our state-of-the-art equipment and a medical team that includes some of the top skin specialists in the country, you can be assured that you’ll be in expert and experienced hands the entire time you’re with us.
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we like to do things differently. You’ll benefit from:
- Receiving a consultation and treatment fast: with no waiting lists, we can get your skin condition treated quickly and help you get back to enjoying life
- Treatment by a specialist consultant with decades of shared experience treating people with symptoms just like yours. Our consultants are internationally-renowned experts.
- The very best facilities and equipment: when most people enter Sulis Hospital Bath for the first time, they’re amazed at how clean and modern it looks. Far from the stereotypical noisy, cluttered and rushed hospital, at Sulis Hospital Bath we’ve redefined healthcare for the 21st century.
- Our vast experience: our experienced team have been successfully treating skin problems for many years. From managing acne and psoriasis to treating conditions including skin cancer and sun damage, you’re in good hands when you choose to have your skin treatment at Sulis Hospital Bath.
Fast track your treatment
We are here to answer any questions you might have and can provide a guide price. Simply fill in your details below.