Worried about your heart? Concerned about poor circulation? We’re the experts in heart health and can help put your mind at ease.
If you’re concerned about a problem with your heart or blood vessels, you’ll want to ensure the best treatment possible and a quick, full recovery.
With world-class, state-of-the art facilities it’s no wonder that so many internationally-recognised consultant heart surgeons choose to see and treat their patients here at Sulis Hospital Bath.
During your time with us you’ll benefit from an unsurpassed level of dedicated care tailored just for you, in luxurious and award-winning surroundings
Our dedicated cardiology team brings together leading heart specialists to ensure whatever the problem is, we’ll be able to help.
Book your private appointment directly with us and you’ll be seen refreshingly quickly.
We’re experts in heart health and have a team of dedicated professionals ready to help you.
Cardiology involves the investigation and treatment of cardiovascular disease (diseases of the heart and blood vessels). A doctor who specialises in problems of the heart and blood vessels is called a cardiologist.
The symptoms below can all be signs of problems with your cardiovascular system, so if you’re experiencing any of these you may want to arrange to see a doctor to have a health check up:
- Becoming very weak, tired and breathless (even while resting)
- Swollen feet and legs
- Abnormally fast or slow heart rate
- Palpitations (a pounding, fluttering or irregular heart beat)
In the dedicated Heart Unit at Sulis Hospital Bath, we regularly see and treat people just like you who require:
- Treatment for coronary artery disease
- Screening of the heart
- Cardiac pacing
Your consultations and treatment will be carried out by the specialist heart team here at Sulis Hospital Bath. All the staff in the dedicated Heart Unit are experts in problems and diseases of the heart and blood vessels and are dedicated to getting you treated and fully recovered quickly and safely.
Here at Sulis Hospital Bath, we’ll make sure you get the best treatment possible for any cardiovascular problem or disease.
If you think you may have a problem with your heart, we know that it can be very worrying for you. That’s why here at Sulis Hospital Bath we will:
- diagnose and treat your heart problem fast: so you don’t have to worry any longer
- help you to fully recover: so that you can get back to enjoying life as soon as possible.
When you book an appointment with us, you’ll be seen by one of our friendly consultants who specialise in problems of the heart and blood vessels. All of them are recognised leaders in their field and have many years of experience treating people with symptoms just like yours.
They’ll have a chat with you about your symptoms and your previous medical history to get a thorough understanding of things, and will talk through any concerns or worries you may have.
They will probably want to have a listen to your heart using a stethoscope and to check your blood pressure. They may also want to carry out some additional tests to help them assess things more accurately.
Some of the additional tests that may be carried out are:
- A blood test: to check if there are any signs of inflammation or infection that may be causing your symptoms
- An echocardiogram (ultrasound scan): which uses sound waves to produce a detailed picture of the heart
- An X-ray of your chest
These additional tests won’t necessarily be required, and the consultant may want you to have additional tests that aren’t listed above (any tests will be thoroughly explained to you beforehand so that you know how the tests will be carried out and why they’re being done).
You’ll be pleased to know that we believe in giving you a quick, accurate diagnosis. After all, why should you have to wait for a fortnight (or longer) for your results to come back? A longer wait for results means additional worry, discomfort and uncertainty that you just don’t need.
After this initial meeting, the consultant may decide that treatment can be provided by medication, dietary changes or some other fairly simple means.
If it’s determined that surgery will be required, the consultant will talk you through the process thoroughly and answer any questions you may have.
If you do require treatment for a heart or blood vessel problem, we believe you’ll find no better place to come for expert help than the Heart Unit at Sulis Hospital Bath.
Whether you need a heart health check or treatment for coronary artery disease, with our state-of-the-art equipment, luxurious facilities and a medical team that includes some of the top heart specialists in the country, you can be assured that you’ll be in expert and experienced hands the entire time you’re with us.
At Sulis Hospital Bath, we like to do things differently. Unlike many other hospitals, you’ll benefit from:
- receiving your treatment within two weeks of initial diagnosis: with no waiting lists, we can get your cardiovascular problem treated fast and help you get back to better health quickly.
- treatment by a specialist consultant surgeon: with decades of shared experience treating heart and blood vessel disorders just like yours, our consultants include internationally-renowned and awarded surgeons.
- our multidisciplinary team: we have built an incredibly strong and diverse team of like-minded medical experts who all work together every day to achieve the best possible result for everyone they treat for heart issues. This means that you will always receive the absolute best advice and treatment possible.
- our vast experience in treating heart problems: with a dedicated Heart Unit, we have a lot of specialised experienced. You’re in good hands when you’re treated by our team.
We know that you’d prefer that your heart and blood vessels were fully healthy, with no problems at all. But if you do have a problem that requires treatment why not have it carried out by the very best heart specialists, in the very finest hospital and with the very best possible care?
Coronary angioplasty (PCI)
Coronary artery disease treatment
Heart failure treatment
Hyperaldosteronism (Conn's syndrome)
Microbubble testing (myocardial contrast echocardiography)
Non-invasive cardiology treatments
Fast track your treatment
Just enter your details below and we'll ring you to provide a quote or answer your questions. We will use your personal information to process your enquiry and contact you with relevant information.