Dr Richard Mansfield
Dr Richard Mansfield is a Consultant Cardiologist at Sulis Hospital Bath.
He graduated from Leeds University Medical School in 1990. Having completed his early training in Yorkshire he moved to the South West to commence his Cardiology Training through a number of posts in Swindon, Bath and Southampton. This led to the award of a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Cardiology (CCST).
In 2001 he completed a 2 year British Heart Foundation Junior Research Fellowship at University College London which leads to the award of a higher degree - MD with Commendation.
In November 2001 he was appointed as a Consultant Cardiologist at the Royal United Hospital Bath. His main interest is coronary artery disease and in 2006 he spent 3 months working in St Katherina’s Hospital, Eindhoven, Netherlands as part of their active coronary intervention programme. He has been the Clinical Lead for Cardiology in Bath during which he established the Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) programme at the Royal United Hospital in March 2006.
In addition, he has a keen interest and experience in many aspects of cardiology including arrhythmia (palpitation), heart valve disease, hypertension, heart failure, cardiovascular risk and screening.
Dr Mansfield is actively involved in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Medical Education and holds a number of appointments including Undergraduate Tutor at the Bath Academy, Educational Supervisor, and Specialty Tutor at the RUH Bath NHS Foundation Trust and is an Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Bristol. He has previously been the Training Programme Director for Cardiology in Severn Deanery.
While continuing to deliver a high-quality NHS service, Dr Mansfield also has a successful private practice at Sulis Hospital Bath.
Cardiac arrhythmia treatment
Coronary artery disease treatment
Heart failure treatment
Fast track your treatment with Dr Richard Mansfield
Just enter your details below and we'll ring you to provide a quote or answer your questions. We will use your personal information to process your enquiry and contact you with relevant information.
Additional information about Dr Richard Mansfield
Travel (North & South America, India, Nepal, South-East Asia, Borneo, Australia, New Zealand, Jordan, Iceland, Cuba, Guatemala, Canada, Norway, Africa and extensively in Europe)
Dr Mansfield is a keen photographer.
Consultant Cardiologist Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Foundation Trust
Coronary Artery Disease (Angina)
Palpitation including Atrial Fibrillation
Valvular Heart Disease
Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
British Cardiac Society
British Medical Association
MD with Commendation University of Leeds 2005
- Complications and Limitations of Flow Directed Pulmonary Artery Catheters. Mansfield RJR British Journal of Cardiology 1999: 6; 8, 442-449
- Current practice and complications of temporary cardiac pacing. Mansfield RJR Care of the Critically Ill 2000:16.5;184-188
- Photodynamic therapy: shedding light on restenosis. Mansfield RJR, Bown SG, McEwan JR. Heart. 2001;86:612-618
- Reduction in the response to Coronary and Iliac Artery Injury with photodynamic therapy using 5-aminolaevulinic acid. Jenkins MP, Buonaccorsi G, Mansfield RJR, Bishop C, Bown SG, McEwan JR Cardiovascular Research 2000:45;478-485
- Myocardial Infarction and subacute ventricular rupture: Successful outcome in two cases.
Coleman J, Mansfield RJR, Simpson I International Journal of Cardiology 2000;73:285-287
- Long QT syndrome. Mansfield RJR, Thomas RD Postgraduate Medical Journal 2001;77(907):344
- Continued benefits 2 years after adjuvant photodynamic therapy and angioplasty for restenosis of the superficial femoral artery. Mansfield RJR, Jenkins MP, Bown SG, McEwan JR, Bishop CCR. British Journal of Surgery 2002,89,1538-1539
- Opportunities for learning in the workplace and how they can be exploited: enhanced learning as a foundation doctor. Augustine DX, Augustine KM, Mansfield RJR. Teaching and Training. Foundation Years Journal 2010
- 10p for an Angiogram: the cardio-oesophageal reflex. SR Kandan, D X Augustine, R JR Mansfield, J Easaw. BMJ Case reports 2010
- An unexpected floating aortic valve prosthesis. E McAlindon, A Bryan, C Lawton, R Mansfield, M Hamilton, C Bucciarelli-Ducci. Case report SCMR Meeting 2012
- What new approaches are there to prevent restenosis? Mansfield RJR In: 100 Questions in Cardiology
Editors: Diana Holdright and Hugh Montgomery BMJ Books - Published February 2001
- Management of Chronic Stable Angina. Carpenter JP, Mansfield RJR. In ‘Specialist Training in Cardiology’, Elsevier Mosby, 2005.
- MIMMS Guide to Cardiovascular Health Purcell H, Mansfield RJR, Daly C. 2004
- A European Perspective of subpectoral ICD implantation Roberts P, Allen S, Jones R, Mansfield RJR,
Dawkins K, Morgan J. World Congress of Cardiology, Brazil 1998
- Photodynamic therapy reduces the response to injury after PTCA. Mansfield RJR, Jenkins MP, Buonaccorsi G, Bishop C, Bown S, McEwan JR. Poster presentation Medical Research Society meeting Nov 1999.
- Photodynamic therapy: A new strategy to prevent vascular restenosis. Mansfield RJR, Jenkins MP, Buonaccorsi G, Bishop C, Bown S, McEwan JR. Oral presentation at the 6th LDDR. Geneva. January 2000.
- Photodynamic therapy: optimisation of photosensitiser dose. Mansfield RJR, Moss A, Buonaccorsi G, Opanuga A, Bown SG, McEwan JR. Poster presentation XXIInd Congress of the ESC, Amsterdam August 2000.
- Continued benefits of arterial photodynamic therapy 2 years after treatment of restenosis. Mansfield RJR, Jenkins MP, Bishop CCR, McEwan JR, Bown SG. Poster presentation at the 7th LDDR Geneva. January 2001 & Oral presentation at the British Atherosclerosis Society Spring Meeting. Oxford, March 2001
Photodynamic therapy of pig coronary arteries induces apoptosis of endothelial and vascular smooth muscle cells. Mansfield RJR, Malik N, Loesch A, Bown SG, McEwan JR Poster presentation at the 7th LDDR, Geneva, Switzerland. January 2001, The British Cardiac Society Annual Conference